Huwebes, Marso 6, 2014

I Fell In Love In Ilocos

I have seen the movie entitled “Kaytagal Kang Hinintay” with the hottest love team of 1990’s, Judy Ann Santos and Rico Yan. They filmed their movie in the beautiful places in the province of Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur. Then aside of the story in the movie, the view which I found it beautiful too.

Then, after the series of years, I watched the movie of Erich Gonzales and Thai-Actor Mario Maurer entitled “Suddenly It’s Magic” They also filmed their movie in Ilocos. Every beautiful spots in Ilocos was captured and started craving myself to visit Ilocos.

I was thinking, what is life if I were in Ilocos.


Funny thinking, I imagined myself meeting my special someone into that place. Hmmm… wishing to have someone, we both standing along the wind mills, holding hands, both enjoying the romantic view of the beach. Sounds corny, right? (Asa pa ba ako? Ahehe)
I was really excited to see the Gigantic Windmills of Bangui :)
Love? Relationship? It’s not my first priority of course; I wanted to visit Ilocos Norte/Ilocos Sur as what I always dream. I wanted to see those places only I have seen in the movies.

Then, it all happened when my friends in Outdoor Club (known as Layas Outdoor Club) invited me to have a 3-day vacation in the place I dream for a long time.

Yes. I packed my bags with lots of excitement and adrenaline because it’s a new exciting adventure awaits for me.



From Manila, we traveled almost 8 hours. 

Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by strong charm of view, nice beaches, fresh air and sight to behold. 

Shoreline splendid waves.





After breakfast, our first visit was in Baccara, Ilocos Norte
 where one of the old churches located. One of the enduring
 landmarks of the Augustinian friars is the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle in Bacarra, Ilocos Norte.

Together with the bell tower and the convent, the church 
was built in 1593 and inaugurated in 1782.

Along with the church, the beautiful belfry was destroyed 
by the intensity 7.8 earthquake on August 17, 1983.

It caused the dome to fall down thus gaining the 
romanticized title “Dignified Domeless Belltower in Asia.
 (My source of this trivia was the blog of harrybalais.com)






We went to Cape Bojeador Lighthouse. Excited to see the historical lighthouse, old creepy 
but it has become a must-see-tourist attraction in Ilocos Norte. 




Bojeador Lighthouse, also known as Burgos Lighthouse, is a cultural heritage structure in Burgos, Ilocos Norte, that was established during the Spanish Colonial period in the Philippines. It was first lit on March 30, 1892. (My source of this trivia was the Wikipedia)

The best scenery is over looking across the spectacular beach. 

I found myself enjoying the place, not checking my time, away from stress-world.

 It feels good to be lost once in a while.






One of the highlights in our travel was in Bangui Windmill. This has been an inspiring place and it was full of excitement packed with much thrill. I was really excited to see the gigantic windmills. Because I have only seen that spectacular view in romantic movies.

The Northwind Bangui Bay Project is located at the municipality of Bangui, Ilocos Norte. It’s power plant in Bangui, Ilocos Norte, on account of the insufficient power provided by the National Power Corporation (NAPOCOR). (My source of this trivia was the Wikipedia)

True enough, I found myself smiling...



It was a dream come true, although I don’t have special someone that time, but I’m very much happy and contended with my friends, and with my Boknoy, my favorite stuff toy. We’re enjoying ourselves taking photos in a windmills. 

Laughing and jumping all around.




Without knowing, tears ran down from my eyes. I was becoming sentimental. I know they were tears of joy, tears of fulfillment, seeing finally something I have only seen in movies.

The wind mills, I felt great when I captured it all in my camera.


.


Our next destination was in Kapurpurawan Rock Formation located in Burgos, Ilocos Norte. The Kapurpurawan is a rock formation which is literally very white in color taken from its Ilocano root word “puraw”. Different shapes of the rocks can be seen such as the iconic head, cradle and the resting dragon. (My source of this trivia was the ilocandiatreasures.com)



After the visitation, the journey continuous, we went to Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte where you can see the longest bridge in Ilocos.


Patapat bridge is an elevated concrete highway constructed along winding/rocky headlands near the northernmost roadway section in Ilocos Norte (could be considered second northernmost roadway section in Luzon) these viaduct was constructed to solve the problem of landslides in the area which have caused so many vehicular accidents in the past. 
Footed on the rocky seashore just several meters from the mountain side it gives motorists a spectacular view 



Footed on the rocky seashore just several meters from the mountain side it gives motorists a spectacular view of Pasaleng Bay that allows travels to visit wide vistas of the northern coast. It contrastsbeautifully with the expanse of ocean and the lush greenery of the mountain cliffs.

       We just stopped there and take a little picture. 





We stayed in Rinnovati Hotel and Beach Resort, elegant but affordable accommodation for the travelers who is wiser when it comes of budgeting.

As the name Rinnovati implies renewal, the facilities and management of the place were completely renewed with innovations and good services. (Rinnovati source)



When the day ends, the excitement begins.





A good side trip there is the waterfalls hidden in the forest. We walked almost 30 minutes to visit Kabigan Falls. It’s one of Pagudpud’s great natural sights and worth the effort, just enjoy the trek as it is a really trek to nature.

“Kabigan” was derived from the tagalog word “Kaibigan” which means friend. The falls was given that name because the water from the river and the falls are connected, close to each other or it says ‘close friend’ or ‘magkaibigan’. (Kabigan falls trivia)




After the visiting the Kabigan Falls, we got ready for the next level of adventure, visiting the Bantay-Abot Cave.
It was called ‘Eye of the needle’. Bantay Abot Caves from afar. In Ilocano, bantay -mountain, abot - hole, so which means - mountain hole. That hole's diameter is pretty wide and has a nice view. (My trivia source from tsinelas chronicles)




Yes. Love at first sight. Yes, I fell in love with the place. I discovered beautiful place-one-in-a-particular cove and excited to position myself to take photos.

There was a white sand, blue shoreline, which had the perfect orientation for the sunset-on-the-sea that I would like to have. And it was one of my favorite spot. Feels like a first picture of earth, fresh air, blue sky, very attractive view.

I sat there, eyes to heaven…and was smiling.




It’s rocky and the waves are strong. It was one of the visited destinations in Ilocos Norte. Perfect!





Our next destination was the place of excitement where you can wear your bikinis all the way. Feels like summer. Nothing to worry, nothing to hide. 

The very fine the white sand and clear waters are perfect even for just beach lovers and sun bathing, it has been called by the Boracay of Ilocos.


Blue Lagoon, this beach used to be a secret, but, as many tourists find the place to be relaxing and cozy, many tourists have to come to see the place themselves and brought it other travelers.




This is the Blue Lagoon, you will be captivated by its natural charm. 

A place for those who are craving for privacy and time away from the crowds-perfect place for those who are looking for peace and solitude. 

Just enjoy the moment in the beach. More fun under the sun.


After swimming event, our next destination was in Ilocos Sur. Where you can see one of the oldest church in the Philippines. The Paoay church also konown as St. Augustine Church established in 1884. I remember the movie “Suddenly It’s Magic”. Where the film made.

The place was clean and peaceful.





We wanted to visit Vigan, it is the capital of the Province of Ilocos Sur.

It was one of the few Hispanic towns left in the Philippines where its structures remained intact. The historical place where I used to read from the books. 


The place was Calle Crisologo, it’s the landmark in Vigan because of the old-Spanish houses were you can enjoy the view of old museums and other historical places. But there’s part of the place have been converted into modern commercial establishments but the upper portion retain the original architectural elements. 






You can still the presence of Filipino-Spanish Era.



We spent one night in Vigan, sharing our happy moments, laughter’s and wonderful experience.





For the last day of our tour, we visited the Baluarte Zoo. Owned by Gov. Chavit Singson. It’s a perfect place for the family especially for animal lovers, and we really had fun.

The place was really nice. Fitted for adventurous people like us.



I’m so proud to my friends/travel buddies who have a brave heart to get close to wild animals like tiger and a yellow snake. That was the thing I never tried, because I was really scared.

What the best thing I did there was riding a pony. (Ahehe) Good enough for me.


It would be nice to see yourself in a nice place, but it would be nice if you could see those nice places with these nice people. Ma’am Michelle, (our beautiful vacation organizer) Ma’am Joevie (our pretty treasurer), Kuya Erwin Roy, (our handsome photographer), Ate Jhoey, (our Ms. Photogenic), Ron, (our funny buddy), Cool kid Franz and his cute little brother (2 sons of Ms. Michelle and Kuya Erwin) and a close friend of mine, the very charming and super bait…ehem…sis Beth.

                                     (Photo credit: http://viewthrumygloballens.blogspot.com/)


That was the last tour and then got ready to go home. My 3-day-tour was really awesome. Describing this as my ultimate-once-in a lifetime travel plus adventure in one of the beautiful spots in our country.
If you were in my shoes, I guarantee, you’ll be back for more.

I would like to thank Layas Outdoor Club (LOC) for having them as my travel buddies. It’s good to know them more and I’m so blessed for having them.

Hope to see you guys for another episode of our travel and journey.

most of all, thank you DEAR GOD, our GREAT CREATOR for the wonderful creations.

As I treasure this moments in my heart and in my mind forever.






2 komento:

  1. Nice blog Mars. You are now a certified travel blogger. Keep up the good work!

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Nice blog Mars. You are now a certified travel blogger. Keep up the good work!

    TumugonBurahin